Before you join any club or registry, here are some thoughts to consider:
- What will sending your money do for you and your cats?
- What can you do for the group?
- Are there shows held in your area?
- How long has the group been in service?
- What is the group's financial situation? Will you receive a quarterly financial report? How many people are overseeing the money and for what is it being used?
- Are the records kept in order?
- Are there any lawsuits against/for the group? (Research both sides.)
- Will you have a say in the business?
Remember that cat clubs and registries are fun, but when money is involved, they are also businesses.