Home | Community Home | Gallery | Breeder Finder | Contact Us | Community Guidelines
Forum Index 
This read-only archive contains a partial list of threads posted prior to our 2007 forum migration.

Archive: Urgent Help
Care & Grooming | Health | Urgent Help | Cat Show Corner | Raw Diet | Breeding

« Back

Feeding 2 Cats 2 Different Diets ginnyort 2007-02-28 15:56:15
I have two cats (persian/himalayan)and they are inseparable. Because one of them now has bladder stones, I have to feed them different diets.

Any suggestions how I can do this? One has to eat a very strict diet, and the other one cannot eat it because it makes him sick.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Replies:

Cooper 2007-02-28 16:00:06
We are going through this right now with one of my boys. I feed him in another room with the door shut and the rest in the kitchen. He likes the fact that he gets his first, running willingly into the other room. My vet told me that the prescription diet wouldn't hurt the others - I would just rather keep them on what they are used to.
Lynda

« Back

maibee 2007-02-28 19:26:20
ohh yes, all six of mine are on different diets and need to sit and watch them eat so that they do not go into each others food. Very challenging! Jinxi Boo has inflammatory bowel syndrome, and will get the runs if she does not eat her own food and Duchy with renal failure on a reduced protein diet...sometimes it is too much but I figure if I didn't look after them, who would? If u have the time to watch over them, that's what I usually do, Nadine

« Back

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Community Guidelines
Copyright © 1998-2009 Persian-Cats.com, High Minded Media LLC. All Rights Reserved.