It is currently Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:32 am

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: $1150 for a golden persian kitten with ringworm...HURRAY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:28 pm 
Kitten
Kitten

hi all

2 months ago we picked up our golden persian from the airport. she came from...let's just say the west coast...

anyways, at the airport we noticed a circle on her ear. she also had dry crusty patches under her fur in several spots.

we didnt know what it could be, figuring maybe dirt or a scratch from playing with litter mates :?::?::?:

after a vet visit, and a skin/hair test, 3 weeks later the vet tells us it tested positive for ringworm.

our breeder hasn't responded to my email from 6 days ago. what, if anything, might we expect this breeder to do for us now? help with medication/vet bills?

our 7 month old silver persian kitten now has to be treated as well (as we figure it is best to assume he has the spores on him now as well). this medication is hard on their livers! and costly...

i find it VERY hard to believe that this breeder did not know of the ringworm! from what we have read, the crusty patches and circles with missing hair are indicators that the poor kitten's ringworm infestation is advanced.

i certainly don't want this breeder to continue breeding and $elling when this problem is present!

besides the oral treatment and cleaning up the house (separation of the 2 cats for weeks is not possible), what can we do? and what should we do about this breeder?

thanks for any advice!

Post subject: Re: $1150 for a golden persian kitten with ringworm...HURRAY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:29 pm 
Grand Premier
Grand Premier

I sent you a PM-

Post subject: Re: $1150 for a golden persian kitten with ringworm...HURRAY
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 pm 
Open
Open

I see this post was dated late October, but I'd sure like to know what you can expect from your breeder. I posted similar post, but my kitten had Chlamydia. Yes, very pricy vet bills and treatments. Also worried that it may have been passed onto my 3 other healthy indoor cats. But the worst thing is that my now 17 week old kitten suffered 17 weeks without treatment, unnecessarily.
I think that if I am not willing to give hte kitten back for a full refund that she should pay for my vet bills and treatments?
Anyone? Sadly, I did not deal with a reputable breeder, have no contract, just trusted this woman. Well, am I ever sorry.

[ 3 posts ]