Archives Return to Forum | Archive Index
Welcome to the Forum Archives! We are pleased to bring you a searchable archive of forum threads posted between November 2007 and April 2009. Please note that the Forum Archives are READ-ONLY.
Search:     Advanced search

+  Persian-Cats.com Forum Archives
|-+  Etcetera
| |-+  Introductions
| | |-+  New Persian "owner" - looking for show tips/hints
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Send this topic | Print
Author Topic: New Persian "owner" - looking for show tips/hints  (Read 757 times)
PattiXmas

« on: February 17, 2009, 12:25:11 PM »

Hi, I live in Michigan and I have two skin kids, a 15 yr old son and a 14 yr old daughter.  We are currently waiting for the arrival of our very first Persian!  I currently have 3 boston terriers and to me, the Persian's smooshie face seems to follow our "theme".  We are very excited and cannot wait for her to come home.  

My kids are very active in 4H, having shown our bostons for 3 years and last year they showed Boer goats!  We are planning on showing our bostons again, along with goats, silky chickens and hopefully our new kitty!  We are looking for information on the how to's as our current 4H club doesn't have a cat leader so we are looking to learn by ourselves.  I can't seem to find a lot of good links regarding this like there are for the dogs so any help would be great!

We are looking forward to learning and sharing our stories!
PattiXmas

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 12:31:40 PM »

I'm going to try and attach the picture we have our her-

She was born Jan 21.[/img]
Shamrock

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »

Hi Patti and welcome to you! Smiley
Your new kitty is just a gorgeous little one.. you must be just so excited! Have you named her yet?

I dont show myself, but lots of people here do, and can assist you with advice on how to proceed with this rewarding and fun endeavour. :paw:
All the best of luck with your pretty new baby.. when will she be joining you? :?:
I'm sure you're just counting the days! :flower:  :paw:

Purrs,
Fran

Fran & the furries; Miranda, Basil and Zack
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato

~k~

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 12:40:06 PM »

Oh my gosh--she's adorable!  Welcome to the site.  You'll be able to ask questions and get answers from the members here, who have much more knowledge than I do!

I know that 4H is a great group for your kids to be active in.  I had a Shih Tzu with a smooshie face and I agree that Bostons do too!

I look forward to reading more of your posts.  And, we love pictures!!!

~k~

RIP Sasha :heart:
1992-2007
PattiXmas

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 12:49:52 PM »

Thanks:)  She will be 4 weeks old tomorrow, so she won't be coming home for at least 8 more weeks:(  We are going to be "visiting" her when she is 8 weeks old - our breeder will have us over then, trying to avoid germs, etc.  She is a local breeder in Michigan (lives in my area) and I've been communicating with her for almost a year.  We originally were discussing a retired breeder, but then we decided a kitten might be best suited for my monsters, oops I mean my bostons;)  

We haven't quite yet decided on a name.  I'm sure we'll be thinking lots of different ones here soon.  She did send me a picture of her sister from another litter so I can see how she will look matured.

Here's her older sister (Dora)

I will probably drive everyone nuts with photos as our breeder sends us updated pics and then when she comes home.  We are truly excited and I am happy that we were able to find a local breeder that is reputable.
Purrinian

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 01:46:48 PM »

Your kitten looks very nice.  Now I will give my show tip:
Just get your head down and WIN!

Just get your head down and WIN!
twokatz

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 02:20:47 PM »

How exciting, she is a doll and I bet you can't wait. Her sister is pretty also. Can't help you with showing, the last time I did that was 1978 :shock:  Man I'm old :shock:  Welcome we love pics. Cheesy

Dianne

Dianne
PURRfection
Sasha Elizabeth

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

Welcome to the group.  Your new baby is so sweet and her sister is lovely, as well.  I'm not a breeder, either, but we have lots here and I'm sure they will be happy to help you.   Good luck!!!!   Cheesy

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.                                                                              
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
wendi.williams

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 03:43:42 AM »

Welcome, Patti! You're new little girl is just adorable! I can't help with your questions about showing, but I'm sure you'll find lots of good advice here.

Can't wait to see more pictures!!  Cheesy

Rory.... Ruler of the High Seas....

daisychain

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 06:21:43 AM »

Welcome to the site! Your kitties are beautiful!!

Karen, Maddie, Ginger and Bailey

~* Proud members of the Diamond Ball Club *~

Mel

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:08 AM »

Cheesy Hi Patti, welcome to the site! Your new kitty is a beauty and so is her sister. I'm not a breeder nor have I ever shown my Persian, but I'm sure there will be someone who can give you some great tips.

Azurine101

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 11:01:21 AM »

Hi Patty, and welcome to our group and your new baby to be is just the cutest... Pat

shrimp

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 01:02:29 PM »

Hi, and welcome to the site, your baby looks just adorable! Cheesy

Sheila, Blackjack and Smokey Joe.
betor 406

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 04:53:12 AM »

Welcome,

Adorable kitten. We are currently waiting for our little Cocker pup to arrive next month, so know you are feeling.
Looking forward to many to many photos.

Susan, Taliesin and Arturo
PattiXmas

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »

Thank you everyone for your kind comments about our new baby.  I am truly anxious now awaiting her arrival :lol:
Pages: [1] 2 Send this topic | Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: